Thursday, March 16, 2006

Funny new soft drinks and caffeine

So, I was watching Regis and Kelly this morning while on the elliptical machine (YES! I'm going to the gym again), and Regis wasn't there but Anderson Cooper (whoo hoo!) was, and I was a bit too far from the TV to read the subtitles but I got the basic point that there's a new Coca Cola drink released in France (ha!) and coming to the states called Coca Cola Blak. They had a bottle of it on the show, and Kelly and Anderson, while chatting about American Idol, try it. It's apparently half coke, half "coffee essence," and the reaction was mixed; Kelly liked it, and Anderson spit it out on the floor. I thought this was very very funny. I actually used to do this myself; I would pour my leftover coffee into ice cube trays, and then use it in my diet coke instead of ice cubes. I liked it; so, I assume (but we know what assuming does) that I'll like "Blak."

So then I started researching this, and came upon some interesting information. There's this guy called Caffeine Fiend who writes about the harms of caffeine, and you can calculate how much of your favorite drink it would take to kill you. This I also thought was very very funny. But Coca-Cola Blak was not on there yet, obviously.

So, in all, I've managed to pique my interest in this "Coca-Cola Blak" crap and also entertain myself in an otherwise boring environment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home