Thursday, March 09, 2006

Break from mind-numbing data entry

Despite the fact that I was hired as an EDITOR, I am currently stuck doing data entry. It will all change soon when more documents start coming in for the busy season, but for now... it's cutting up big word files into lots of little ones and uploading them. It's driven me to buy "TAB Energy" drinks... which I would have bought anyway because I read about them in the New Yorker the other day. Ha! They really do taste like a "liquid jolly rancher" like the magazine said. But yes, I've been drinking them like a champ.

Anyway, Ben has been in San Francisco since Monday and I've had the whole bed to sleep on, which just isn't right. I've been sleeping on his side of the bed, because the alarm is there. The bonus to this is that I can set the alarm for an hour before I want to get up, so I can hit the snooze 6 times, which I, in my mind, claim helps me wake up bit by bit. It has helped; I got up "early" (7am) two days in a row and worked out. Lately in the mornings it's been "One more?" from Ben, and a grunt from me, over and over every 9 minutes, until it's almost 8 o'clock. Or, the snooze gets smacked and I haven't even woken up to know it. I guess going to bed before 11 this week has helped that. This actually means that I'm getting over 8 hours of sleep, which seems to be what I need. That, or I need to really deprive myself, like I did Monday night after going out with my sister-in-law and not getting home until midnight. Then I had to get up earlier than usual for a meeting with a small-business banker from PNC. And forgot that the cleaning people were supposed to come... it was a bit of a mess. But even though I was very tired, I popped out of bed. Frantic and frazzled, yes, but I was out of bed.

The drawback to sleeping on the other side of the bed is that I sleep funny, sort of diagonally across the bed, like half of me wants to be on his side and the other half on mine. Then my bizarre contortionist sleeping habits get even worse and I wake up all discombobulated. This morning my head was UNDER Ben's pillow and my feet were off the opposite side of the bed. And the blankets were pulled into the middle of the bed and piled on top of my head. I have no one to blame for this but myself. I'm actually rather amused by it.

I am totally rambling. Perhaps to avoid my busy work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home