Tuesday, February 21, 2006

MiniKiss

So, the important part of my weekend is the fact that I went with Ben and 2 of my brothers and 1 of my sisters in law to Killington, VT to ski. Skiing was fun, though the winter weather has been horrible up there and the mountain was a block of ice with two inches to no snow covering it, which, being from PA, I am used to, but still sucked seeing as we traveled all the way up there hoping for GOOD skiing conditions. AND, it was SO COLD. 5 degrees without wind chill. We had to keep buying more and more supplies and layers as it sunk in how cold it would actually be. I wore on top: medium weight long underwear shirt, underarmor tshirt, long-sleeve tshirt, ski coat. Head: Fleece gator that had a sort of nylon head-cover section (so you could see only my eyes if I pulled the fleecey part over my mouth and nose, which I wore another hat and my coat hood over, brand new ski goggles as my old ones crapped out before I even started skiing. Ski mittens with glove liners and hand warmers. Long underwear pants, another pair of tight cotton pants, ski pants, two pairs of ski socks.

We didn't spend too much time skiing because it was so cold and icy and tiring. About 3-4 hours each day. We mostly ate and drank and hung out otherwise.

But the main reason for this post is that I must explain MiniKiss. My sister-in-law and I gave up on skiing before the guys did on Sunday, and went for pedicures. Our pedicurist said that the "big thing" going on that night was that MiniKiss was going to be at "the Pickle." She said they were midgets that dressed like KISS and lipsynced to their songs. We called the guys and they said they were all over it. We actually went. There was a cover band, Lifespeed, who was actually pretty good. And then MiniKiss. There were so many drunk people there that I was really afraid for them at times. They were dressed in black with their faces painted, and the lead singer was a woman who was actually singing, and she sang really well. Is that the only outlet she could find to get on stage and sing? Maybe she really likes dressing like "Mini Paul" and being ogled. It was honestly the strangest thing I've ever seen. You can see a strange video interview of them here. All of the people at the show were completely wasted, and some jumped on the stage and grabbed at the members of the band, and wanted to take pictures with them. I just didn't know what to think. I was embarassed but I guess I shouldn't have been. The lead singer had a really foul mouth, too, which was just SO not what I was expecting, I guess, from a little person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home