Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Typing without looking

I got the reading glasses today. So... I am now wearing my spiffy new contacts and spiffy new glasses. However, when wearing my glasses I have to change focus to look down at the keyboard and I am realizing how often I do that. I think I play piano the same way. That's why I never really learned to read and play music fluently at the same time, because I'm always looking at my hands. In fact, I think my old hag of a piano teacher used to write that in all caps in my notebook, "JENNY, DON'T LOOK AT YOUR HANDS!!!" This went along with "CUT YOUR NAILS, JENNY!!" Sometimes I wonder if the huge candy canes she gave me for Christmas, literally a foot long and 2 inches in diameter, were just a cruel joke. No one could eat one of those.

I digress. The point is, I'm going to try to look at the keyboard less. In fact, I haven't looked at it since I started this paragraph. I've made a few mistakes, but I certainly can automatically find the backspace key. OK, so I looked a few times.

Hereos what happens when I don't use the bakcsoace and jeek tuoiung likje I kjnow some peop;e can. THat was :"keep typing." Sing. I mean Sigh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home