Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Audible books

I subscribed to an online library of Audible.com books, that I download in MP4 (I think) format, and upload to my iPod. I started listening to The Kite Runner this morning. I'm a fan. When I started my current job in February, I stopped taking the Metro, meaning my hour of reading time was replaced by either walking or biking or taking a very crowded bus or two very crowded buses, which is very distracting and not conducive to reading.

I'm supposed to get an iPod Shuffle for my trouble, and I see what they mean by trouble now, after having had to wrestle with the files and the new Audible Manager software and iTunes to get my files last night. But, when I signed up I never got confirmation that I'd get my Shuffle. I have to harass these people over the phone, I guess... be audible.

1 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I actually got a friendly email back from them. However, they blamed the fact that I hadn't gotten confirmation about my Shuffle on Apple's being slow to fulfill orders. Right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home