Wednesday, October 12, 2005

24 foodless hours

I'm about to embark on my second Yom Kippur fast. Last year I made it, mostly by walking around the mall all day. This year may be more difficult, because I will be at home, doing work (as much as an unfueled mind can), when I'm not at services. I am hungry right now, and LH is coming to get me so we can eat before Kol Nidre tonight. I don't think he'll make it past tomorrow morning. But I think he might make an attempt.

Last night I said to him, if a certain group of people was forced to work 20 hours a day with no food for years, I can certainly make it 24 hours.

He said, that's like your high school friend who said she had no right to complain about anything because her ancestors survived the potato famine in Ireland!

That being said, I still think my point has a point. I'll try to do it for them. Wish me an easy fast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home