Friday, October 07, 2005

Language barriers

So, I go to my French class on Wednesday, after having missed three classes. I don't think I missed too much; we talked about reality shows and I told the story, in French, so it took a while, of My brother and sister-in-law being on Design Invasion (FOX, only one season...). Another woman had written a "defense" argument for reality shows. However, she was struggling and had made up words by pronouncing English words with a French accent, and the funniest part of this was the look on the professor's face as the woman read. The prof this cute young blond from Provence, with amazingly icy blue eyes, and I didn't think she could look so sour. I mean, it was great... she was scowling and I could tell she was thinking (in French, of course), "What the hell is this woman saying?" Granted, everyone in the class deserves credit just for being there, and this woman is fluent in German so she's one up on me, but perhaps she should just stick to German. I don't think the prof realized the face she was making, because she was concentrating so hard on understanding. I have been in situations where people I am trying to communicate with don't know any English, but usually it's easy to understand broken English. THIS was something truly special.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home