Friday, September 23, 2005

My new bike.

My new bike, whom I have christened (or... uh... brit milahed?) Cerise, came with new worries. I took it to the bike store Wednesday during my lunch break, because the wheels were out of true. So, the guy trues the wheels and says he'll give it a quick once-over. Great. So I wait while he does this, worrying because it's a shaft-drive bike and the bike techs hadn't even seen one before! Granted, the shaft-drive bike people say the internal gearing never needs tuning, but after this guy was done with the "once-over," my bike squeaked. With every downstroke of the pedals. All the way home after work. With people looking at me funny.

Maybe I just need to lube the crankshaft. Yes, that must be it. That had better be it!

The other thing I remembered about this experience is that the bike tech was going on and on about a "The Who" album, which he'd "take over Sargeant Pepper any day!" I am looking up the album... he said it was pop art, and they used radio commercial vignettes in the songs... and I'm not finding anything helpful in the discography on Wikipedia (which I KNOW is not a be-all, end-all source, thanks to the well-educated members of the copyeditors' Listserv). Perhaps someone else will know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home