Thursday, December 07, 2006

Chipka in the office


I thought I'd share a picture of how I work. It involves a cuddly yet very grumpy cat draped over my right arm, groaning/growling every time I move my arm to use the mouse, even sometimes "biting" me when my arm is somewhere she doesn't necessarily like or find comfortable. (I put "biting" in quotes, because this activity includes her opening her mouth, putting her teeth on my arm, and pushing. I say, "Hey!" or "Nooo" and she stops and licks me. Then it starts over. Speaking of starting over, putting her on the floor is also fruitless.) I remember reading a copyeditors' LISTSERV email someone posted months ago about how she solved a similar problem by buying a baby sling and putting the cat in it. I thought this was ridiculous at the time as I was still in an office, but I'm seriously considering it now.

2 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chipka's one tough boss, Jen! She'll keep you on your toes.

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm a little embarrassed about this, but I'm really excited about this baby sling idea. I think it will solve all of my puppy-draped-across-my-lap problems! See, you're not alone.

Kristen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home