Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Official open-ended freelance gig!

I had a phone call this afternoon with the publisher who thought I scored well on my editing test, and she asked what I was looking for, and when I said I was looking for a good "base project" for my freelance business, she said "well, that's what I can offer you"! Perfect! So, I'm going to start with about 15 hours a week, and maybe as I see that I'm really enjoying the work, I'll go for more (up to 40!). What a relief to have something STEADY, with a tangible "at least" number to hold onto as I fall into the abyss of not knowing what may or may not come down the pike in the future. That, for me, has been the hardest thing to get used to in freelancing so far. Especially now, while we're remodeling the kitchen and need all the cash we can find.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home