Thursday, December 01, 2005

Absent today

I started feeling sick yesterday. I think I got sick because I was so pleased with myself for not getting sick while everyone else around me was. But that's just me being superstitious. I have been duly punished for this, as last night I tried to go to sleep around 10:30 (a little early) and slept for an hour until Ben came to bed, then woke up every 10 minutes until about 6am. I got up to appease the thoughts bothering me (emails to send) around 5am. So I decided to take my first "sick day" since I started at my current job in February. I am listening to my current audio book (Memoirs of a Geisha) and doing laundry, and painting my toenails in the hopes that I will feel better by Saturday when we're supposed to go to our holiday gala, which is supposedly a huge affair and is held in a museum. It will be the first black-tie event I've been to that wasn't a wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home