Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Ginko vomit berries

So, ginko is supposed to be good for your memory. Well, the only way it helps my memory at the moment is by reminding me all day that when you step on the trees' berries, your shoes smell like dog crap and vomit all day. I can't imagine what it must be like to process ginko into little tablets. I wouldn't touch one of those things if you paid me. Granted, the trees are sturdy and the leaves are beautiful, especially when they turn into canary yellow little fans in the fall. At the moment the leaves are completely carpeting the muddy path through Rose Park that I walk through to get to work. So, that would be nice except for the fact that those little vomit berries are hiding under the beautiful carpet of greenish-yellow leaves! Those sneaky bastards! They are especially sneaky because to avoid the berries people tend to plant all male trees... but the trees will change sex if you do that! Every other one! There's a street near us that I know to avoid when walking the dog around this time because the sidewalks got completely covered in vomit berries. Every few years they tie warning signs to the trees that say something like, caution, we will be spraying these trees at such and such a time. Spraying means, I think, attempting to stave off the berries by killing them or something. So I'm not the only one who hates the vomit berries. I'm just the only one who has them all over her shoes today.

2 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Death to all ginkgo biloba trees! Why do people like tress that produce berries that smell like vomit?

We have them in Richmond, Virginia. The fruit are disgusting!

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That should read "trees" not "tress." Hair that produces vomit berries? There's an ugly thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home