Tuesday, November 29, 2005

McScrooge

A Christmas tree went up in the lobby of my building yesterday, along with a very large wreath. In public spaces in DC, decorations are going up, too. Gold bows on lampposts, lights, etc. Maybe it's due to the fact that I converted (this will be my second "Jewish Christmas") and am exposed to a more negative outlook on Christmas, or the fact that my family is not having family Christmas this year (having something to do with me?), but I am not enjoying the Christmas explosion. And this year it started the day after Halloween. Christmas toys and decorations went on sale at CVS, other businesses started playing carols and decorating. Ben likes to remind me of how much he hates Christmas, especially because of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer," and I try to remind him that it's nice with my family. He agrees, but we don't even get that this year. We are the family McScrooge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home