Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What should I do in my down time?

If I ever get bored of reading or hiking or cycling or wine tasting or kayaking or any of the myriad things I do when I'm not working, what, oh what, should I do?

Well, one fictional editress I just read about seems to have found her down-time niche. Jane O'Connor wrote a book, Dangerous Admissions, about a freelance-copyeditor-cum-detective. This New York Times article spills the whole scoop.

This is uncannily like a book I just finished, Goodnight Nobody, by Jennifer Weiner, in which a reporter-turned-suburbanite-mom gets wrapped up in trying to unravel a murder mystery. It makes me wonder about the authenticity of people's ideas. But, no one can argue that a freelance editor is NOT a reporter, and I haven't read O'Connor's book to really see any true connections.

And I'm sure others have had this same thought, speaking of unique ideas. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home